Shaikh-ul-Mushaikh Mufti-e-Aazam Hazrat-e-Aqdas
Mufti Rasheed Ahmad Lhudhianvi (May Allah bless him)
- Shaikh-ul-Musha'ikh Mufti Rashid Ahmad (May Allah bless him)
- Maulana Muhammad Saleem (May Allah bless him).
He was a disciple of Hazrat Hakimul Ummah Maulana Ashraf Ali Thanvi (May Allah bless him).
- Ludhiana, East Punjab, India.
- Tuesday 3rd Safar 1341 AH; 26th September 1922 .
- Jahangirabad, Khanewal
- Gakkhar district, Gujranwala
- Darul Huda, Therhi, Khairpur, Sindh
- Anhi, district Gujrat, Punjab.
- Darul 'Uloom, Deoband, 1360 AH
- Sheikhul Islam Hazrat Maulana Hussain Ahmad Madni (May Allah bless him).
- Hazrat Maulana Ezaz Ali (May Allah bless him).
- Hazrat Maulana Mufti Muhammad Shafi (May Allah bless him).
- Sheikhul Islam Hazrat Maulana Hussain Ahmad Madni (May Allah bless him).
- Hazrat Mufti Muhammad Hassan (May Allah bless him).
- Hazrat Maulana Abdul Ghani Phoolpuri (May Allah bless him).
Permission to give Bai'at:
- Sultan-ul-Aarifeen Hazrat Khalifai Hakeem ul Ummah Thanvi Maulana Abdul Ghani Phoolpuri (May Allah bless him).
For about forty years he taught in famous institutions like Madinatul 'Uloom, Hyderabad, Darul Huda Therhi, Darul Uloom, Korangi, Karachi, and Darul Ifta Wal Irshad. He gave lessons of Bukhari Sharif 20 times. For sometime he was the director of Education at Darul Ifta.
- President of Darul Uloom, Karachi, Hazrat Maulana Mufti Muhammad Rafi Usmani, Mufti-e-Aazam Pakstan
- Sheikhul Hadith Hazrat Maulana Mufti Muhammad Taqi Usmani
- Mufti Ihteshamul Haque Asia Abadi
- Mufti Muhammad, Dar-ul-Ifta Wal Irshad, Nazim Abad, Karachi
- Mufti Muhammad Ibrahim, Sadiqabai
- Mufti Abu Lubabah Shah Mansoor, Jamia-tur-Rasheed, Ahsan Abad, Karachi
Edicts:From 1362, all till death, for about 60 years he wrote thousands of edicts. Collection of selected edicts "Ahsanul Fatawa" printed in 10 volumes. 10th volume is the latest publication.
- About 100 educational and research over 70 reformatory sermons.
- Ahsanul Fatawa, 10 volumes
- Har Preshani Ka Elaj
- Allah Ke Baghi Musalman
- Khutbat-ur-Rasheed and other renowned educational research and reformatory books.
Educational and Reformatory Services:
Possessing Mufti Faeet personality he rendered valuable services in the fields of education, reformating, Tableegh, welfare and journalism. In this context he was the founder and patron of various multipurpose institutions.
- Darul Ifta Wal Irshad, Nazim Abad, Karachi
- Jamia-tur-Rasheed, Ahsan Abad, Karachi
- Al-Rasheed Trust
- Weekly Zarb-e-Momin and
- Daily Islam are some materpieces of his favour.
Logo of Zarb-e-Momin
Logo of the Daily Islam
A picture of Jamia-tur-Rasheed,Ahsan Abad,Karachi
Masjid of Jamia-tur-Rasheed,Ahsan Abad,Karachi
Journey to eternal peaceHazrat-e-Aqdas Mufti Rasheed Ahmad Sahib (May Allah bless him!) passed away at 11:40 a.m on Tuesday, 6 Zilhijja 1422 A.H. He was reciting a spell of Subhana Rabbi yal-Aala. Before his demise. He said: "Allah, Allah Allah", after that his tongue repeating the same words but with no sound. In this conjuncture, he left for his eternal abode. As his pure and virtuous life demise was even a blessed one.
The news of his passing spread like a jungle fire. Thousands of followers thronged the streets of Mujahid Colony, Nazimabad no.4, where Dar-ul-lfta wal Irshad is located. Janaaza prayers and burial was carried out in accordance with his will. The Janaaza prayer was performed adjacent to Dar-ul-lfta wal Irshad at 3 O'clock in the afternoon. Maulana Sultan Aalim led the Janaaza prayers.
Thousands of 'Ulama, scholars, pupils, and people belonging to various spans of life attended the Janaaza prayers.Thousands of grieved people took the funeral to a local graveyard where Hazrat was buried according to his last will.
Hundreds of other people could not attend the Janaaza due to succinct time. The Janaaza procession reached the Paposh Nagar graveyard and laid Hazrat in his eternal resting place. People were grieved and returned from the graveyard with tearful eyes after his burial.
- Widow, 3 sons, 2 daughters and lakhs of disciples.
- Hazrat Mufti Rafi Usmaani
- Maulana Shams-ul-Haq
- Maulana Mahmood Ashraf
- Mufti Nizamuddin Shamzai
- Dr. Abdur Razzaq Sikandar
- Shaikh-ul-Hadith Maulana Saleemullah Khan
- Maulana Mufti Zar Wali Khan
- Former Senator Hafiz Hussain Ahmad
- Maulana Abdul Karim Abid
- Maulana Mufti Mahmood
- Maulana Maqsood
- Maulana Muhammad Ahmad Mian
- Maulana Habibur Rahman
- Maulana Wali Khan
- Maulana Khalid
- Maulana Ilyas
- Maulana Tanvir-ul-Haq Thanvi
- Maulana Muhammad Aslam Sheikhupuri
- Maulana Hakeem Mazhar
- Maulana Yaseen
- Maulana Rasheed Ashraf
- Maulana Fazal Muhammad,
- Mufti Muhammad along with other renowned Ulama and scholars.
- Hazrat passed away at 11:40 a.m on Tuesday, 6 Zilhijja 1422 A.H.
- News of his demise, spread like a jungle fire in the city, though he wished not to publicize the news in his last will.
- Around 1 O'clock, time for the Janaaza prayers was announced.
- Till 2 O'clock, Ulama-e-Kiraam had reached to attend the Janaaza prayers.
- At 2:30 p.m. Mufti Nizamuddin Shamzai arrived with a delegation of Ulama from Jamiat-ul-Uloom-ul-Islamia Binnori Town.
- At 2:54 p.m. Dr. Maulana Abdur Razzaq Sikandar arrived.
- Half of the rows for Janaaza prayers were formed till 2:55 p.m.
- Rows stretched half a mile wide, extending till Esar-ul-Qasmi Roundabout.
- First Takbir of Janaaza prayers were called at 3:07 p.m.
- Maulana Sultan Aalim, Imam of Jame Masjid Dar-ul-Ifta Wal Irshad and Hazrat's close aide, led the Janaaza prayers.
- It took five minutes to offer the Janaaza prayers.
- More than 450 rows were formed for the Janaaza prayers, spanning from the front of Dar-ul-lfta Masjid to Esar-ul-Qasmi roundabout.
- Atmosphere was grieved when the body was being taken to be laid to rest at 3:12 p.m.
- The funeral procession left for the Paposh Nagar graveyard at 3:14 p.m., escorted by an ambulance and armed patrol.
- The vehicle carrying the funeral reached Paposh Nagar graveyard at 3.30 p.m. Ulama and people aso reached the graveyard.
- Traffic remained suspended for some time during the funeral procession.
- Paposh Nagar graveyard was crowded with devotees.
- The body was taken out from the vehicle at 3:43 p.m.
- Many people desirous of taking the funeral on their shoulder were kept away to maintain discipline.
- The body was lowered in. the grave on 3:48 p.m. by five Muftis who had tears in their eyes.
- Including Mufti Muhammad Sahib, three more Muftis were present in the grave to lay down the body.
- With teary eyes, the first slab was placed on 3:51 p.m., second on 3:53 p.m., the third on 3:55 p.m. and the final on 3:56 p.m.
- After placing the slabs in order, the burial was complete at 4:02 p.m.
- People kept on reaching the graveyard even after the burial.
- People started leaving the graveyard around 4:30 p.m. after the burial.
- Local people arranged potable water for the participants.
- Many people who missed the Janaaza prayers due to certain reasons, reached the graveyard.
- Police voluntarily transported many people in police vans to the graveyard.
- Many youth cooperated with the local authorities before and after the Janaaza prayers.
- No one in the funeral was seen mourning but every eye was shedding tears.
- There were a number of people who covered their faces and cried with the pain of Hazrat's demise.
- A participant of the funeral opined "Today the source of Allah's blessings is no more in Mujahid Colony and Nazimabad."
Link to this post: